A Motor Vehicle Accident is a very serious matter. Unfortunately, no matter how safely you drive, there is always the possibility that someone else will be negligent enough to cause an accident. When this happens, it is important for you to know how to protect yourself.
How do I determine if I am entitled to compensation for my injuries?
Victims of automobile accidents are entitled to monetary compensation for their injuries. Typical injuries of accident victims are:
- Fracture injuries
- Muscle injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and Whiplash
- Back and disc injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Head and brain injuries
- Accidental death
What do I need to do after my motor vehicle accident?
After your Motor Vehicle Accident, there are several things you should do immediately to preserve the evidence you will need for a successful claim.
1. Seek Immediate Medical Attention - your health and safety should always be your number one priority. After any injury, you should always seek immediate medical care.
- Visiting an emergency room, hospital or doctor is vital for ensuring you receive the care you need and establishing a record of your injuries. It will detail all of your symptoms, test results, what caused your injuries and what treatment you have undergone.
2. Document Your Injuries and the Accident Scene - You will need evidence to support your claim that your accident and injuries were caused by another's actions. As soon as possible, you should document your injuries and the accident scene by:
- Taking photos
- Requesting any video footage of the accident
- Writing down everything you can remember about the incident
- Obtaining the contact information for witnesses to ask for statements about what they saw
- Requesting a copy of your accident report
3. Contact Kenny & Stinson - An attorney can review the details of your accident and injuries, help you file a claim with the insurance company, and help you determine if you have a legal case that may be entitled to compensation. We will also help you gather all of the evidence and documentation you need to support your case.
How much money are you entitled to for your pain and suffering?
Motor vehicle accident injury victims often have questions regarding how much money they are entitled to for their pain and suffering. Each motor vehicle accident settlement and case is different. The attorneys at Kenny & Stinson provide personal attention to every matter to ensure you receive a fair settlement for your injuries.